The Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights (“EOCR”) offers online and in-person educational opportunities to all University faculty, staff, and students, which include presentations, coaching sessions, workshops, seminars, and trainings that are fundamental to maintaining an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
EOCR offers Preventing and Addressing Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation training (“PADHR”) for non-supervisory and supervisory employees. All employees are required to complete online or in-person PADHR training in accordance with the University’s HRM-009: Preventing and Addressing Discrimination and Harassment (“PADH”), and HRM-010: Preventing and Addressing Retaliation (“PAR”) policies once every two years.
PADHR training includes content to ensure that faculty and staff members understand:
- how to recognize discrimination, harassment, and retaliation;
- how to respond promptly and appropriately if someone observes or experiences such conduct, or receives a report of such conduct as a supervisor;
- UVA’s responsibility to provide disability, pregnancy, and religious accommodations, how an employee may seek these types of accommodations, and guidance to supervisors on handling such requests; and
- UVA's other resources, such as the Faculty and Employee Assistance Program ("FEAP"), Women's Center, University Ombuds, and Respect@ UVA program.
PADHR training is available online. In-person PADHR training sessions are also available if an employee is unable to complete the training online. If you need disability-related accommodations for either type of training, please contact EOCR at (434) 924-3200 or PADHR@virginia.edu.
Online PADHR Training
- PADHR Training (required for all University, UVA-Wise, and University Medical Center employees) may be accessed in Workday [Note: You will need to login to NetBadge to access this training]
- PADHR Training FAQs
Alternative to Online PADHR Training
If unable to complete online training, faculty and staff may request to attend an alternative training. To request an alternative PADHR training session, please email PADHR@virginia.edu and provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Computing ID, e.g., anc1a
- Phone number
- Training version (General version or Faculty and Supervisor version)
- All days of the week that you are available to attend training/preference for a morning session (between 9 am and 12 pm) or afternoon session (between 2 pm and 5 pm), e.g., available Monday through Thursday/prefer a morning session
Should you require disability-related accommodations, please include the accommodation requested with your registration information as early as possible, but no later than seven (7) calendar days prior to the training session to ensure amply time to arrange for the necessary accommodations. Examples of accommodations include ASL-English interpreting services and accessible copies of training materials.
Customized PADHR Training
The EOCR team is also available to provide customized training for schools or departments to address specific concerns, e.g., offering scenarios and team-based collaboration for a more thorough discussion of topics. Please contact EOCR at PADHR@virginia.edu or 434-924-3200 to learn more or to schedule customized in-person training for your team.